SHORT FILM COMPETITION
Please read the regulations carefully before filling up the entry form.
* Only the rights holder is eligible to fill this form.
* You are solely responsible for the authenticity of the information provided by you.
* In case of any discrepancies found in the information provided by you, your entry will be disqualified.
- The Council for Fair Business Practices, seeks to invite entries for the CFBP Short Film Festival 2019. The festival will showcase short films of 10 minutes or a lesser duration. This is a film competition where trophies and cash awards will be given. There is no entry fee payable for entering the films. The deadline for submitting the entries is 13th October 2019
- Filmmakers and other Professionals, Students and other Young Persons (age should be 12 years as on 13th October 2019), Companies, Corporations & Organisations, NGOs and any other person.
Jaago Grahak Jaago
Mera Haq My Rights
- The competition is open to individuals and groups all over the country.
- The age of the participants must be 12-17 Years of age (Under 18 Category) or 18+ (above 18 category)
- The section is open to ALL short films (live or animated) whose running time is not more than 10 minutes.
- All films that are being entered must be submitted in their original language. For films in non-English language, submissions should also have English subtitles.
- Dubbed versions of films from other languages are not eligible for submission.
- If there is a film which matches the topic and even if showcased earlier in other festivals is still valid to apply.
- CFBP Organising Committee and/or the Festival Director reserves the right to settle all cases not covered by these rules and regulations and to grant exceptions in special cases. All cases will be governed by and construed in all respects in accordance with the laws of India.
MEDIA ACCEPTED FOR ENTRY
- Filmmakers can choose to submit their entries in any ONE of the following options given below:
- DOWNLOADABLE FILE LINK High quality movie files in Full HD 1920x1080 P resolution, PAL 25 FPS as .mov or .mp4 can be sent via “We Transfer” or the like
firstname.lastname@example.org with a subject line mentioning the following information in this particular order: [Entry Form] – [Film Title] – [Category Code]
- ON LINE STREAMING LINKS - NO ONLINE STREAMING LINKS ARE ALLOWED unless they are downloadable.
- DVD & PEN DRIVES Two copies of the high quality movie files in Full HD 1920x1080 P resolution, PAL 25 FPS as .mov or .mp4 on DVD or Pen Drive should be mailed to the CFBP office atCouncil for Fair Business Practices Great Western Building 130-132 Shahid Bhagat Singh Road Mumbai 400023 www.cfbp.org
- The movie files should be playable on a VLC Media player. Every DVD and or pen drive should be labeled with the Original Title and the English title of the film written by DVD marker pen. Kindly do not stick any paper or other labels on the DVDs. Kindly ensure that DVDs and / or pen drives are well packed.
- All correspondence regarding sending media through courier/postal invoice must say: a) For CFBP Short Film Festival selection purposes/cultural purpose only. b) Not for commercial use. No commercial value.
- None of the material submitted will be returned.
- Films that are damaged or lost in transit are not the organiser’s responsibility.
- A completed submission consists of a correctly filled entry form along with the film screener reaching the festival on time. Only on the acknowledgment of receipt of the two is the submission considered complete. The deadline for completed entry forms, as well as submitting the films must be strictly observed.
- The last date of completing submission is 13th October 2019 at 5 p.m.
ENTRY FEE - THERE IS NO ENTRY FEE
DOCUMENTATION AND FESTIVAL CATALOGUE
- The festival organizers intend to document each film that is submitted and therefore it is very important that detailed information on each film is submitted. This information includes a synopsis, Director’s filmography, biography, director’s note on the film, credit list of the film producer details, high-resolution pictures, poster designs, full list of artistic and technical details, a high resolution still of the director, etc.
- Please note that we require 3 high-resolution images of the film (minimum 300 dpi or more) and one high resolution still of the director (minimum 300 dpi or more) and the poster of the film (minimum 300 dpi or more.)
- Age and address proof must be provided for this section. - Age Proof (Self-attested copy of Pan Card/Aadhar Card/Passport) - Address Proof (Self-attested copy of Aadhar Card/Passport/Rent Agreement)
- The Festival Jury invited by the Council for Fair Business Practices to judge the CFBP Short Film Competition will comprise renowned personalities from the world of film, art service, business, and industry. No person who has participated in the production or promotion of any film selected for the CFBP Short Film Competition serves on the Jury. The decision of the Jury will be final and the entrant agrees to abide by it.
- The Best Film will receive a Trophy together with a Cash Prize of INR 150000. This shall be given only to the Entrant
- The Second-Best Film will receive a Trophy and a cash prize of Rs 51,000. This shall be given only to the Entrant.
- All the cash prizes are subject to Indian Tax laws.
SCREENINGS AFTER CFBP SHORT FILM FESTIVAL
- The producer(s) and or right holder(s) shall not have any objection for screening of the short films, selected for the CFBP Short Film Festival for a non-commercial screening of the films by the CFBP even after the CFBP Short Film Festival.
- Filmmakers of the selected short films shall make themselves available for various PR initiatives around the competition at the appointed date, time and place as requested by the CFBP
- The applicant agrees to have read and accepted the rules & regulations for participation in the CFBP Short Film Festival - The applicant confirms that he/she has the requisite authority or has obtained the requisite authority from the producer/right holder to enter this film in the CFBP Short Film Festival and make available a clean digital copy for screening, if not provided earlier. This person will be the point of contact for all future communications regarding this entry at the festival. - The Applicant hereby authorizes the Council for Fair Business Practices (CFBP) to screen the film, if selected for the CFBP Short Film Festival in all non-commercial film festivals and events, including telecasts of the films for promotional purposes.
- All deadlines have to be adhered to and all material will be delivered to the organizers on or before 13th October 2019. The applicant understands that any/all entries will be rejected (by the Organisers of the CFBP Short Film Festival, the Selection Committee and / or the Jury) unless the entry form along with all the required material is received in time and in suitable condition for previewing by the Selection Committee and the Jury. There will be no further correspondence entertained on this subsequently.
- CFBP reserves the right to amend these rules at any time, including changes to the festival due to force majeure circumstances without assigning any reason whatsoever to anyone.
- 01. The size of the poster for the competition shall be: 3ft x 2ft
- 02. The applicant confirms that the submitted poster/s is his/her original work. More than one Poster is allowed per applicant
- 03. He/she indemnifies CFBP from any/all copyright issues arising out of his/her submitted work.
- 04. Once submitted, all entries will be the sole property of CFBP.
- 05. The applicant by submitting his/ her POSTER also gives consent to CFBP for reproducing his/her Poster artwork/s as required by CFBP
- 06. Last date of receiving entry for the Poster competition shall be 13th October 2019
- 07. The online entries are to be sent to email@example.com. The physical entries can be sent to CFBP office address
- 08. After the evaluation, the Jury will decide for the 1st two winners in each category.
- 09. The first winner in each category shall be awarded at the hands of distinguished chief guest during the Consumer Film Festival Award function with a cash prize and trophy. The second winner shall receive a trophy and certificate of appreciation
Entries are open to all Colleges, Schools, Corporate’s, Individuals, Professionals, NGO’s and all Indian consumers
- CFBP has initiated to bring out the expressions of all young & senior consumers through their Artistic skills and reach out to One And All.
- The Best Poster/s shall be displayed at the Awards Function.
Jaago Grahak Jaago
Mera Haq My Rights